Ecommerce business owners have the opportunity to compete with large organizations if they have the right tools in place. One of the most important tools an online business can have is ecommerce crm software. This software is referred to as a “CRM” – which stands for Customer Relationship Management – and it gives online entrepreneurs a tremendous amount of useful information.
How Ecommerce CRM Software Adds Value
There are a few key ways that an ecommerce CRM adds value to an online business. We will focus on the primary benefits to save time.
- Real Time Customer Metrics: When the CRM is running on your ecommerce website, you can use the application to track the activity of your customers. This means that you will know when they place orders, what shipping preferences they use, whether or not they returned something and more. The CRM also imports this order data, creating instant customer profiles that you can use to learn more about your customers and improve loyalty and retention.
- Customer Support Fulfillment: When you have activated the customer support module within the CRM, you will be able to handle customer service issues with ease. When a customer sends in a request for help, the CRM will inform you about this request while providing all of the customer’s information as well as order history. You can then take that information and address the customer support request in a timely fashion. While addressing the customer support issue, you can also use this as an opportunity to upsell or cross-sell the client. This soft selling is an excellent way to increase average order value while meeting the needs of your customers.
- Email Marketing Support: This is a very useful module that every online business needs to have in place. With it, you will be able to send out highly targeted emails to customers who fit a given profile directly from within their CRM. Messages could be newsletters or notifications about upcoming promotions. By sending out these personalized emails on a regular basis, you should be able to increase traffic and sales.
- Social Media Engagement: Social media provides ecommerce business owners with another platform to engage their customers. By having the CRM implement the social media module, you will have the ability to communicate with customers via the major social media platforms with ease. The more you engage these customers, the greater your chances are of grabbing more market share.
- Task List: Ecommerce CRM is modern and offers Wunderlist styled task lists that are complete with a daily calendar. This allows you to add users, tag team members, create to-dos, set events and dates, and so much more. It’s a great way to keep your team organized and on track so you can set new revenue production records.
Online business owners that have a suitable CRM in place can increase their overall sales and market share, provided they have the right CRM implemented. As you can see, there are numerous ways that this software can add tremendous value to your operations. Make sure you consider adding it to your game plan today.